Friday, October 23, 2009

Ivy

Melinda in the beginning of the book explains that all of her friends have shut her out, but as I continue to read I wonder if this is really true for all of them. I do believe that Rachel stopped talking to her because she called the cops and broke up the party that she brought her to, but I am not positive that Ivy shut Melinda out. I feel that Melinda more likely closed herself off from the world and therefore shut Ivy out. I think that Ivy is a good influence for Melinda for several reasons. The most basic is that she is friendly to her even though Melinda rarely talks to anyone, also because they are in the same art class Ivy often tells Melinda how much she likes her artwork which really boosts Melinda's self esteem. Another reason I think Ivy is a good influence for Melinda is her love for art. I think through art they both express themselves whether they know it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment