Thursday, October 22, 2009

Reflecting On My First Readings

After doing my first readings in Speak I have found several things that really appeal to me. These include the very catchy titles of each section. For example"Fizz Ed" instead of Physical Education or Phys Ed. This really shows the characters personality and her very funny sarcasm. I also like the way Melinda describes her teachers. She gives them little nicknames instead of writing their actually names. I think this is helpful for several reasons. On one hand it is useful because it gives the reader an easier time connecting to the teachers and being able to remember teachers they may have had with similar personalities. It is also helpful because then you instantly remember the character traits of the teacher, for example her English teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment